Innovation in the Public Sector
CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME BASED ON AGENDA 2030
Lund University will deliver four new international education programmes within the Swedish Institute’s Public Sector Innovation Programme. The purpose is to strengthen the capacity of professionals to contribute to innovation in the public sector and support the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development.
- Co-design for Inclusive Public Spaces and Services (applications open)
- Innovation in Governance for Urban Nature-based Solutions (applications closed)
- Innovation for Change in Public Transport (applications closed)
The programme focuses on increasing the capacity of municipal officials to co-design inclusive public environments and services. The programme is provided by Lund University’s Centre for Environmental and Climate Research (CEC), the Raoul Wallenberg Institute (RWI) and SKL International in collaboration with LUCE, the Department for Commissioned Education at Lund University.
- Learn more about CEC on their website
- Learn more about RWI on their website
- Learn more about SKL International on their website
- Learn more about LUCE
You are encouraged to apply if you:
- are a municipal official or expert from social administration, environmental management, or strategic municipal planning
- work with gender and equality issues
- have at least two years' experience of municipal work or work in a NGO
- are from Indonesia or Turkey
- have some knowledge in English.
Preferably a team consisting of 4–5 people should apply to the programme but individual applications are also welcome. Women are encouraged to apply since we strive to obtain an equal gender distribution.
Duration of the programme: January 2021–September 2021
Target countries: Indonesia and Turkey
Costs: Participation in this programme is free of charge. It includes meals and accommodation during mentor visits and a workshop in the home country.
Application period: 6 November–21 December 2020
You can contact codesign [at] education [dot] lu [dot] se if you have any questions.
More information about the programme and application procedure
- Learn more about the programme and the application procedure (PDF, new window)
- Apply to the programme here (external platform)
The programme focuses on governance and leadership innovation in the area of Nature-Based Solutions for improved urban environments. It is provided by the International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE) and Lund University School of Economics and Management (LUSEM) in collaboration with LUCE, the Department for Commissioned Education at Lund University.
The application deadline was 1 October 2020.
The programme focuses on strengthening the capacity for innovation and development of actors operating in public transport systems at local, regional or national level. The programme is provided by Lund University’s School of Economics and Management (LUSEM), Sweden’s National Center for Research and Education on Public Transport (K2) and Transport and Roads, Division of the Department of Technology and Society at the Faculty of Engineering (LTH) in collaboration with LUCE, the Department for Commissioned Education at Lund University.
The application deadline was 15 September 2020.
Co-design for Inclusive Public Spaces and Services
codesign [at] education [dot] lu [dot] se
Innovation for Change in Public Transport
innovationPT [at] education [dot] lu [dot] se (subject: innovationPT%40education.lu.se)
Innovation in Governance for Urban Nature-based Solutions
NBSinnovation [at] education [dot] lu [dot] se
Learn more about the programmes and the application procedures (all files below open in a new window):